Fifteen people hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Sintra

Date:

Share post:

Fifteen people were transported on Sunday to various hospitals in the Lisbon area due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a residence in Tapada das Mercês, in Sintra, said the National Civil Protection Command.

The same source told Lusa that the atmospheric air saturation was measured and a high level of carbon monoxide was detected in the house.

Most of the people, seven, were transported to Fernando da Fonseca Hospital in Amadora, while the rest were taken to Cascais, Santa Maria and São Francisco Xavier hospitals in Lisbon.

The alert was given “just before 9pm” on Sunday, he said.

Moti Shabi
Moti Shabi
Moti Shabi

Related articles

Portugal received around 2,600 new asylum applications last year

Portugal received around 2,600 new asylum applications last year, the main nationalities being Gambia, Afghanistan and Colombia, the...

The “pinta” of Alcântara that made it the best march in Lisbon. The images

The winners of the big night of Santos Populares in Lisbon were the marchers from Alcântara. They were...

More than 600 kilos of Japanese clams seized in Alcochete

A 43-year-old man was also identified. The National Republican Guard (GNR) seized more than 600 kilos of Japanese clams...

Pollution? Control area could reduce emissions in the Portuguese maritime zone

A study released today estimates that the adoption of a pollutant emissions control area in the North Atlantic...