The minor or incapacitated children of a father or mother acquiring Portuguese nationality may also acquire it, upon declaration.
Payment link (200 euros cost) to obtain the form for the application of your naturalization process to the Portuguese government only for children – Artigos 2:
You will receive an email with your personalized form and proof of payment in PDF format, as in this example:
► The form must be filled out in Portuguese, without amendments or erasures, with capital letters and writing only one letter in each rectangle,
leaving a blank space between each word.
► This form consists of two pages that should be printed on a single sheet (front and back) to ensure identification or signature recognition.
► The form must be signed by the legal representatives of the minor or incapacitated person, or by an attorney with special powers.
► When filling out the form, the declarant must sign the desired option with an “x”.
► If the space allocated to each field is not sufficient to fill in all the information, you must use a new form, in the same format, filling in only the
missing information in the respective field. In this case, both forms must be attached.
► This form is available at http:llwww.irn.mj.pt where you can obtain additional information.
1. The name should be the one you use according to your identification document or birth registration, and you should distinguish between first name and last name.
2. Sex: F – female; M – male.
3. Identification document: passport, residence permit or other equivalent identification document issued by the competent authority of one of the European
Union countries, of which the person concerned is holder.
4. Date the ID document was issued.
5. Authority that issued the identification document.
6. Parentage: the full name of the father and mother must be given.
7. If you have previously lived in another foreign country or countries, you must indicate the respective localities and countries if you are over 16.8. The profession is only to be mentioned if you are over 16.
1. You can attach documents proving this effective connection.
2. You should only check this box, and make a statement about this fact, if the interested party is over 16 years of age.
3. You should only check this box, and make a statement about this fact, if the interested party is over 16 years of age.
4. You should only check this box, and make a statement about this fact, if the interested party is over 16 years of age.
5. The interested party must tick this box if he presents the birth certificate, integral copy and if possible by photocopy, of the parent (mother or father) who
acquired Portuguese nationality.
6. If you do not present the birth certificate of the mother or father who acquired Portuguese nationality, it can be obtained from the Portuguese Services,
indicating the place of birth and filiation of that parent.
7. If the minor or incapable individual was born in Portugal and presents a birth certificate, this must be a full copy and, if possible, be issued by photocopy. If
you do not submit a birth certificate, you must indicate the Portuguese civil registry office where the birth certificate is filed a n d the respective number and
year, if known, so that the services can obtain the certificate.
8. You must mark it if you want the Portuguese criminal record certificate to be obtained unofficially by the Serviços,
1. Indication of telephone and e-mail is optional.
2. The form must be signed by the legal representatives of the minor or incapacitated individual or by their proxy with special powers for the
act. The declarant must indicate the capacity in which he/she intervenes: legal representative; mother’s attorney; father’s attorney or other
1. If you were born abroad, this document is mandatory. In this case, the birth registration certificate must, in principle, be a full copy and issued by photocopy.
This certificate must be duly legalized and accompanied by a translation, if written in a foreign language.
If you were born in Portugal and present a birth certificate, it should be a full copy and, if possible, issued by photocopy. If you do not submit a birth
certificate, you must have filled in field 7 of box 2, if you know these elements, so that the Services can obtain the certificate.
2. Please tick if you have submitted a birth certificate of the Portuguese national parent. If you do not present such a certificate, you must fill in the elements
mentioned in field 6, in box 2, so that the Services may obtain the certificate.
3. This document must be accompanied by a translation if written in a foreign language. A certified copy of the passport may be submitted.
4. If the minor or incapacitated person is older than 16 years old, he/she must attach the criminal record certificates issued by the competent services of the
country of birth and nationality, as well as those of the countries where he/she lived and resided after the age of 16, accompanied by translation if
written in a foreign language (mandatory documents, unless the exemption of their presentation is requested at the same time). The applicant is
exempt from presenting the Portuguese criminal record certificate, which is unofficially obtained by the Portuguese services, and must have ticked box 8 of
5. If the minor or incapacitated person is over 16 years old, you must attach documents proving the nature of the public duties performed for a foreign state, if
you have marked the “Yes” option in field 3 of box 2.
6. If the minor or incapacitated person is over 16, he/she must attach documents proving non-compulsory military service to a foreign state, if
he/she has marked the option “Yes” in field 4 of box 2.
7. If an attorney-in-fact intervenes, the attachment of the power of attorney is mandatory.
1. In-person recognition of the signature can be done:
– before an employee of the service who is competent to receive the form;
– in Notary Public Offices or Portuguese registry offices;
– in Consulate of Portugal abroad;
– by a Lawyer or Solicitor, or
– by the chambers of commerce and industry, recognized under the terms of Decree-Law 244I92, of October 29.
If the proxy is a lawyer or solicitor, the indication of the respective professional license is sufficient to confirm the signature.
The request is denied:
a) If it is not included in the model form approved by the President of the Institute of Registration and Notary Affairs (available at the extensions of the Central
Registry Office, Civil Registry Offices, Consulates and at the website www.irn.mj.pt);
b) If statements or formalities provided for in the form are omitted;
c) If it is not accompanied by the documents necessary to prove the facts that constitute the basis of the request.
If the request is denied outright, the declaration is ineffective, and no money will be refunded